Started Mar 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
wwjdpilot
New MemberPosts: 11
Like?
A55 lens suggestions
Mar 14, 2012

I know this has been asked many times in many ways, but I am wanting to upgrade from my kit lens 18-55. You know what I mean, the one lens that will take a variety of shots from macro to wide angle, portraits to sports, shots of the moon, etc. Made of unobtanium and costs under $175.

Seriously, I take pictures of my kids mostly, but I love the opportunity to catch a squirrel in the bird feeder or a hawk in the tops of trees, mountain vistas the moon and just about anything that catches my eye. I thought I knew what I was doing when I picked up a 55-200 from Sony, but I am noticing that I can't always back up far enough to frame everyone in the shot.

I have been looking now towards either a Sony 18-250 or a Tamron 18-270, but am seeing that I may need a faster lens for those action shots of the kids. Also, I have been looking at some of the earlier variants such as the Tamron 18-250 or 18-200, but am seeing reviews that they are not as sharp.

What am I to do? I need to keep it simple for my wife who would rather treat this camera as a point and shoot and not deal with changing lenses. If I could have one lens to do it all and keep it under $500, what would that be? Or am I going at this the wrong way?

Sony SLT-A55
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow