Started Mar 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
stern
Senior MemberPosts: 1,638
Like?
Pentax replied
In reply to sillyconguru, Mar 13, 2012

sillyconguru wrote:

Helen wrote:

So, all my serials are higher (even if only a little bit in the case of the black one). So it could be that Pentax initially provided printed manuals in the UK, and then stopped.

Indeed, that might be the case.

Just received the answer from Pentax Germany. From now on only electronic manuals will provided with the Q. The only reasoning given was that this is common practice nowadays... I was offered to order a printed manual for EUR 20,-. IMHO a high-end and expensive camera like the Q should always be delivered with a printed manual as it was Pentax' customer-friendly practice untill now (with a lowly Optio a quick-start guide might suffice, but not with the Q).

Oh, and - since I seem to be getting caught up in the manual business and forgetting the important stuff - how are you (and the OP, come to that!) enjoying your Q?

It is, currently, my favourite camera. That is to be expected I suppose, as I've had it for 1 day. I have APS-C DSLRs and a μ4/3; I didn't expect the image quality to be in the same league, but it is definitely good enough.

I'm currently waiting for London Camera Exchange to deliver a 3.2mm fish-eye and O-VF1. I want the viewfinder so that I can use the camera as I would a film one (I'm old school), the fish-eye is just for play.

You previously mentioned prices. I paid £299 for my black Q kit (from, previously mentioned, WEX). The O-VF1 was £49.99 and the Fish-eye was £75.99. I don't know what LCE were thinking, but the O-VF1 was at this price for 1 day (it's now back to £99.99). In fact, the price of this was a major reason to buy the Q at this time; £100 (with some places wanting in excess of £200) for an optical viewfinder was too much for me.

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow