Venture into Micro-Four-Thirds aborted - returned the E-PM1

Started Mar 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
Biggreydog
New MemberPosts: 16Gear list
Like?
Re: Venture into Micro-Four-Thirds aborted - returned the E-PM1
In reply to gulffish, Mar 13, 2012

"I'd bet their marketing folks see the lesser Pens as the starter cameras and the array of lenses is now broader with the new 4/3s adapter."

That is what their press release said, but it's pretty silly. 4/3 lenses can be adapted to m4/3 cameras, m4/3 lenses can't be adapted to the E-5.

If I have m4/3 cameras and lenses, and I decide that I need to "move up" to a DSLR for whatever reason (bigger sensor, more "professional", whatever) there's no incentive for me to choose Olympus, because I'll have to buy all new lenses anyway.

Part of the point of the entry-level dslrs from Canikon, etc, is that once you have a few lenses it becomes more difficult to switch brands when you want/need a higher end camera. Doesn't work for the E-5, so they might as well just kill it now.

Biggreydog's gear list:Biggreydog's gear list
Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF Nikkor 35mm f/2D Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.8D Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow