5DMk2 and Mk3 pricing - your thoughts

Started Mar 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
The Schillings
Regular MemberPosts: 189
Like?
5DMk2 and Mk3 pricing - your thoughts
Mar 13, 2012

Need to replace my second body, currently a 5D Classic. Primary body is a 5DMk2. I don't want to buy used merch.

Option A - Buy another Mk2 now. Looks to be about $2200.

Option B - Wait to buy a Mk2, hoping the price will drop once the Mk3 floods the market and assuming there will still be residual stock at the major vendors for some time.

Option C - Wait to buy a Mk3, hoping the ridiculous $3500 price tag will drop sometime between now and end of year.

I have no issues with getting another Mk2, I feel the improvements on the Mk3 are minor for what I shoot and do not justify a 60% premium over the Mk2. I'm afraid if I wait too long I will be forced to buy a Mk2 used or take the hit on the Mk3. Timing may be everything !!

Just curious if others are debating something similar, and if so what are your thoughts or recommendations. I'm also not that well versed in Canon's rebates as far as timing and whether they may come into play on my options.

Thanks !!!

Canon EOS 5D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow