Started Mar 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ck_WTB
Regular MemberPosts: 298Gear list
Like?
G1X replaces 5D2 w/ 24-105 for travel
Mar 13, 2012

I picked up a Canon G1X on February 29th from my local pro camera store to replace a Canon 5D2 w/ 24-105/4L IS as my preferred travel and backpacking camera. After a few weeks of getting to know the feel/interface of the camera and a week of working with the RAW files in Lightroom 4 I have come to the conclusion that the compact G1X provides image quality that is good enough to allow me to retire the large and heavy Canon 5D2 w/ 24-105/4L IS as my preferred travel and backpacking camera. The 5D2 will still be used with TS-E lenses for paid architecture work and with fast primes for paid portraits, but otherwise the G1X will become my personal use camera.

I have the following information posted on my website if you want to read more about my experience with the G1X:
-Example galleries
-Who should give the G1X a close look
-Who should consider other camera
-What is best about the G1X
-What needs improvement with the G1X and suggested user modifications
-Links to other Canon G1X reviews

A Professional's Travel Camera
http://www.witnesstobeauty.com/canon-g1x-review

Hope this helps anyone considering the G1X,
Chad

ck_WTB's gear list:ck_WTB's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS M Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon TS-E 17mm f/4L +4 more
Canon EOS 5D Mark II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow