Started Mar 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
RSColo
Contributing MemberPosts: 613Gear list
Like?
LR4 Doesn't Work with Other Apps
Mar 13, 2012

I am a would-be new-be to Lightroom 4. I just down loaded the trial yesterday in order to try it with Nik Silver Efex plugin. Only it doesn't work. Apparently there is a bug in the new Adobe LR4 that prevents the linking to third party applications using the Edit-In feature. People who tested the beta version of LR4 say the feature worked up until the final release. Adobe says they are working on a solution. I plan to try to contact them today about my 30 trial. I planned on spending this week evaluating some software for possible purchase. I'll let you know what I find out. In the mean time I am not able to evaluate LR or Nik Silver Efex or any other plugin software. I could download a trial of Photoshop, but I know I don't want to buy PS. It is much too expensive for my needs and I am fine with GIMP for basic editing.

Stay tuned.
--
Reid Shay
http://www.sawatchpub.com

RSColo's gear list:RSColo's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 +2 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow