Am I the only one who's much more angered by low iso banding then lack of megapixels?

Started Mar 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Legion5
Senior MemberPosts: 1,047
Like?
Am I the only one who's much more angered by low iso banding then lack of megapixels?
Mar 13, 2012

I would agree with Canon's sentiments that 22 megapixels would satisfy the overwhelming majority of people. I've never heard a complaint about the low resolution of the 5D Mark II.

However, I just find it insulting that low iso banding is still a problem. It's great Canon managed to only have vertical banding and not horizontal banding and vertical banding, but this is the issue I feel most short-changed on and it has been visible in my photos quite often and would have a direct impact.

While personally I could care less about 36 MP, this issue really makes me feel the worst sentiments towards Canon. As a result I seriously considered switching to the D800, and I would have, if not for Canon's fantastic lenses.

Low iso banding is a result of cheap hardware, Canon's professional line should under no circumstances have compromises like this.

Does anyone else feel the same way about this?

Canon EOS 5D Mark II Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
HTPNew
NopeNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow