Started Mar 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Shopman
Junior MemberPosts: 44Gear list
Like?
DP1 long term companion
Mar 13, 2012

Equipment is always of great interest to photographers, we search for the perfect medium to turn our view of the world into a photographic reality.
Unfortunately, equipment can sometimes get in the way of our primary intent.

I moved away from DSLR few years ago now and my two Canon bodies and lenses now sit in the same cupboard as my Nikon F2AS and lenses.

The DP1 has been a revelation. Always in my pocket or the door pocket of my car it travels with me but does not impose upon me as a necessary evil in the way my heavy bag of magnesium and glass did.

More importantly it delivers the goods day in day out. The perfect combination of a lens which produces edge to edge sharpness at any aperture with a sensor closest in results to Kodachrome that I have come across. My primary interest is in landscape and this camera has also taken me back to where my excitement with photography all started - a camera, wide angle lens and my legs.

The latest version of this camera is on my list although the offerings from Fuji are tempting. Will they produce that wonderful 3D feel of the Sigma? Would I have to splash out on a Leica wide angle lens to compete with the Sigma standard lens?

I think I might end up sticking with Sigma simplicity as it seems to suit me so well despite its obvious well documented drawbacks.

Sigma DP1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow