x-Pro1, D800E and 5DIII best for Weddings?

Started Mar 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
Waltersmatthews
Regular MemberPosts: 152Gear list
Like?
Re: Question for Walter
In reply to Bjrn SWE, Mar 13, 2012

Well I don't know about the D800E (or D800 for that matter), but have you tried a digital back (with no antialiasing filter) on a medium format camera in studio?

The Pentax 645D is a medium format, digital camera with no antialiasing filter and I have been shooting with it for more than a year now. I have shot setups with the bride and groom as well as all the formals in at least 15 weddings with hundreds of shots in each wedding and I have not lost any shots from Morie. However, once there is a pattern in material then there can be a problem but brides dresses and grooms tuxedos have not shown a problem even once. A few times aunt Bertie's stripe dress has caused a problem but not enough to keep me from using the 645D.

Besides, as noted by someone else, what I want is the D800E. If it works for weddings, great, if not that's ok too as I don't need it for weddings. I want it for a walk around camera when I visit Montana or Southern Calif or Death Valley or Capistrano.....etc...

If I'm lucky I might even get a good photo here or there.

Waltersmatthews's gear list:Waltersmatthews's gear list
Sigma 150mm F2.8 EX DG OS Macro HSM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow