Started Mar 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
scorpiuspix
Regular MemberPosts: 321Gear list
Like?
105/2 DC or 135/2 DC ?
Mar 13, 2012

Man, I've been drooling over one or the other;). Yes, I own the wonderful 200/2 VRI (my most favorite lens in the world)...but there are days I wouldn't mind a 'baby' portrait/bokeh lens like one of these. I know, I know...these AF varieties are getting old and do exhibit some purple fringing on high contrast subjects...and the AF probably ain't lightning fast compared to modern AFS varieties. Still, the build looks incredible and example pictures quite nice so far. And of course, if Nikon ever updates them...but I still think that is a few years out even despite the 135/1.8 patent from NR. I could take a lot of pix with one in the time Nikon decides to ever update (you know what I mean?)!

I'm sorta leaning to the 135/2 only as its focal length is more in the middle of my 24-70/2.8 and 200/2. But then I also hear the 105/2 might be a skosh sharper?

So for those that have tried/owned one or the other or even better, both, which do you like better and why? Just curious ;).
--
scorpius

scorpiuspix's gear list:scorpiuspix's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon D700 Nikon D3S Nikon Df
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow