To people upset over no more OVF

Started Mar 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
Lucas_
Senior MemberPosts: 2,970Gear list
Like?
Re: Exactly
In reply to liquid stereo, Mar 13, 2012

liquid stereo wrote:

Take a look at the Japanese camera sales numbers, as well as amazon sales rankings in the various countries. The Axx cameras are not near the top.
A77 #36
A65 #39

Also, from publicly available data, the DSLT sales aren't that great either. But maybe the cost savings gained from removing the mirror — cheaper, less exacting assembly — allows them a bit more wiggle room. I'm purely guessing here but I suspect the A-mount's days are numbered.

I just repeat what I've said in other threads:

Sony practically halted production of their SLT's for over three months due to the natural disasters in Thailand and Japan. They're just starting now to pick up with the A77/65 and the next will still take maybe another month to reach a sizeable production!

IMHO it's too soon yet to judge Sony SLT cameras sales in relation to the competition, I'd say maybe by May/June we will start having more reallistic statistics.

... Lucas
--
Always having fun with photography ...

http://www.lucaspix.smugmug.com/

Lucas_'s gear list:Lucas_'s gear list
Minolta DiMAGE A1 Sony RX100 Konica Minolta Maxxum 7D Sony SLT-A99 Sony Alpha 7 +36 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow