Uploading to SmugMug very slow...suggestions?

Started Mar 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Neeyon
Contributing MemberPosts: 972Gear list
Like?
Uploading to SmugMug very slow...suggestions?
Mar 12, 2012

I've recently started using SmugMug as an online backup for my pics, as well as to provide a platform for sharing images with friends and family. So far really happy with it, though haven't even started to use it to its full potential. The one headache that I'm having though is the really slow upload speeds. As a rough estimate these are probably a quarter of the speed that I get compared to uploading to other applications like dropbox, or when sending large attachments via MS Outlook.

I have tried different options such as using Google Chrome rather than Internet Explorer, or downloading the SmugMug upload plug-in for Windows Explorer, but it doesn't seem to make much of a difference.

Has anyone else had a similar headache and are there any suggestions on how to improve upload speed? Or is this just something you have to live with when using this particular platform?

Neeyon's gear list:Neeyon's gear list
Canon PowerShot S100 Sony SLT-A55 Sony 70-400mm F4-5.6 G SSM Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Sony DT 50mm F1.8 SAM +1 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow