45-175 doubling blur worsened with 1.1 firmware update?

Started Mar 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
dark goob
Contributing MemberPosts: 943
Like?
Re: 45-175 doubling blur worsened with 1.1 firmware update?
In reply to phototransformations, Mar 11, 2012

phototransformations wrote:

I bought a Panasonic 45-175 a couple days ago. The lens firmware was 1.0. With that firmware I could not duplicate the doubling blur issue. Last night, however, I updated the firmware. OIS on the 45-175 is now more effective but now, on my G1 anyway, I can see the doubling blur effect. Appears to start at 1/80 and end by 1/250. Perhaps with the original firmware the doubling blur was masked by motion blur? In any case, it seems another firmware update is needed. Has anyone here NOT experienced the OIS blur at these shutterspeeds with the updated firmware?

I have also seen this effect on the Olympus E-PM1. Although, it does not seem to happen in IS-2 mode, only IS-1. That was with the latest firmware as of two weeks ago. So, oddly, I had no problem shooting a moving truck, but I couldn't shoot any stationary subject. I figured it was just Olympus's firmware not working with the Mega OIS. But I guess it's something endemic to the lens itself. Weird.

At 1/100 sec., stationary subject, doubling:

At 1/500 sec., stationary subject, no doubling, very sharp indeed:

I will do some further checking and post more results.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow