Started Mar 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Yellow Boy
New MemberPosts: 16Gear list
Like?
Well that was a waste of time...
Mar 11, 2012

The C Food challenge was the first I ever really entered on DP Review and I definitely won't be bothering again. Prior to the results I thought that the complaints about vote rigging on this forum were all just a bit precious or bitter, but OH MY GOD!

I don't think it arrogant to state that my photo was perfectly exposed, pin sharp and an original take on the theme. Yet 60% of the people that voted on it considered it worthy of 3 stars or less! Now the first place photo was fantastic and in my opinion a more than worthy winner (I gave it 4.5 stars) and in addition, there were a couple of other photos that maybe weren't to my taste but I could tell would be popular. But a 2.9 average and 7th place for my photo? Seriously? I guess I should ashamedly return the money to my customers who bought prints of it...

On the other hand, maybe I should just be flattered that some petty individuals saw my image as a serious enough threat to their Pyrrhic victory, such that they felt it necessary to vote it down. Either way, I'll not bother entering competitions on here again.

Yellow Boy's gear list:Yellow Boy's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow