Started Mar 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
summitphotographer
Regular MemberPosts: 233
Like?
Resolution thoughts from the sideline
Mar 11, 2012

I've been following many of the MP discussions about the MIII and D800. The ones that interest me the most discuss the ideal number of pixles on a cmos in order to best resolve images from the best available glass without over-exposing the weakness of the glass. We can all do the file size/storage/processing math, but the question of glass-resolution seems to be theory when it comes to the question of "which comany got things right?" with the lastest camera, at least until others can shoot side-by-side with similar glass and look at some details on print.

One thought I had as I read the dpreview preview of the MIII, is that if the MIII is really a FF 7D then should it have been a equiped with a 28.8 MP Cmos (1.6x18MP) or does the 7D already over-resolve/expose the weakness of available glass? Did Canon find 22MP was a more suitable resolution given available glass?

Thoughts?

-- hide signature --

Summit County Photog
5D & Glass

Canon EOS 7D Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow