Does Pentax care about keeping thier users.

Started Mar 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Douglas Film
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,687
Like?
Does Pentax care about keeping thier users.
Mar 11, 2012

Pentax has a great camera in the 645D but it is priced to high for most of us to consider.

The K5 is a great DX camera but needs to be updated in terms of video compared to the competition.

The point and shoot line well I don't know anyone who would select a Pentax PS camera over a Canon.

FF dslr they have missed the boat. Don't they realize they could put out a FF camera that could use all the old Pentax glass and worry about producing new FF lenses later.

I find it interesting that over the years many on this forum who said they needed nothing more than a DX camera and disapproved of any FF threads have since left and gone to competitors FF systems.

What I would like would be for Pentax give use a definite yes or no as to their flans for the future of FF. Be it a FF dslr similar to the K5 or something different like the k-01.

While I realize most people are happy with the camera in their mobile phone (I must admit my iPhone photos and video are amazing) there are some of use who like to use fancy gear.

I am left to wonder if Pentax will find a nitch in the camera market or fade away. While "The mind of Minolta" (remember that ad campaign) has found a place with Sony will Pentax grow to relevance with Ricoh or be another camera maker who missed the boat like Kodak, Miranda and Yashica.

Douglas Film

Pentax 645D Pentax K-01 Pentax K-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
ButNew
Yes!New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow