Nex-7 Autobracketing is Useless

Started Mar 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
ottonis
Regular MemberPosts: 484Gear list
Like?
Re: Nex-7 Autobracketing is Useless
In reply to marcnmarc, Mar 11, 2012

I think this is something that could be fixed in a future FW update. I have the Nex 5N and it has the same problem with autobracketing only available with 0.7 steps.

"Auto-HDR" works nice and does also have the necessary range, but its only output is jpeg, which is slightly disappointing. Anyways, you can quickly adjust exposure manually between shots, so it's relatively easy to get (manual) series of pics suitable for HDR processing.

marcnmarc wrote:

Now that the Olympus OM-D E-M5 has been announced with support for auto exposure bracketing for 2, 3 or 5 frames in 1ev steps (and 7 frames at up to 0.7ev steps) anyone think we may finally get the exposure bracketing fixed on the NEC-7? With the Oly you can also trigger the auto bracketing from a remote control, something the NEX can't do. I can't understand how a $1,400 camera that professes to be for 'enthusiasts' was designed without the basic functions required to support manual HDR.

ottonis's gear list:ottonis's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Voigtlander 40mm F1.4 Nokton Classic Samyang 85mm F1.4 Aspherical IF +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow