Started Mar 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jonathanj
Regular MemberPosts: 443Gear list
Like?
Trying out the NX18-200mm
Mar 11, 2012

A few weeks back I was debating with myself whether I should buy the 50-200mm or the 18-200mm. In the end, I convinced myself the 18-200 was worth the extra money. It arrived last week, and to get used to the handling, I took a walk along London's southbank yesterday. None of the pictures are particularly amazing, but I'd post some of them here, in case anyone is wondering about the quality of the lens. All are jpegs straight out the camera, and I haven't cropped in case anyone wants to examine the corners at 500%

In terms of general impressions, I found the lens plus NX10 a great combination. Although quite heavy (I've been spoilt by the pancakes), I found it very natural to use. I used the EVF for almost all shots - I'm not sure how well the lens would go with the NX100/200.

I also intended to take some comparison shots with this lens at 30mm, and the same shots with the 30mm pancake, but I forgot

I'll be off on holiday soon so I'll have some more photos to post then, in the meantime if anyone wants pictures of brick walls or similar, let me know.

jonathanj's gear list:jonathanj's gear list
Nikon 1 V1 Samsung NX20 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake Samsung NX 16mm F2.4 Pancake Samsung NX 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 ED OIS +2 more
Samsung NX10 Samsung NX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow