Started Mar 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
djbrom
Senior MemberPosts: 1,226Gear list
Like?
Motorsport - How sharp is acceptable?
Mar 11, 2012

How sharp is sharp enough when it comes to Motorsport? Or rather should I say how sharp is acceptable?

But getting back to the point how sharp is acceptable? Its always great to get sharp pics and to be honest that was generally quite high on my priority list for a photo to be marked as "acceptable". I dont have huge amount of experience when it comes to photographing motorsport but I have done it probably about 6-10 times. So yeh...a noob. I really enjoy it and really want to start improving my skills in this area.

I have shots that fill the following catagories.
1. Sharp
2. a little off sharp
3. a bit blurry
4. others that are somewhat off and got scrapped.

The first three points are the ones I want to discuss. This is a question for those who sell their shots and those who dont. Cause to have to have the view from both sides would be really helpful.

How sharp should the image be? Is it ok to be a tad off focus or a tad blurry if it adds to the shot?

A few exmaples of some shots I took Yesterday at Eastern Creek Raceway in Australia. Some shots when zoomed to 100% are out of focus whether that be due to slow shutter speed or the camera focused on a part of the car which caused other parts to be out of focus, and some where small misfocuses. I havetaken shots done at 1/40th & 1/50th that are sharp but they are not really in question.

Can I ask for your feedback please? Thankyou in advance

These last two were bit more of an experiment, doing some panning in a wider than average FOV than what I normally would doing this kinda of stuff.

Thanks for viewing.

djbrom's gear list:djbrom's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 12-60mm 1:2.8-4.0 SWD Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +9 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow