ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Digital Click
Regular MemberPosts: 193
Like?
Want to 'downgrade" from D700 to D5100
Mar 11, 2012

Hi all

I love my D700 and the FX lenses I have with it but its heavy! I also have a D3s which is also heavy and is my main workhorse and sometimes, but rare, have to carry 2 cameras which is doing my back in. Also just for enjoyment and breaks, I use the D700 only but it is heavy and I end up using a compact Canon S90 more.

Its not often though I need 2 cameras for shoots but I doing more photography for pleasure which means moving around places etc - For actual commissioned shoots I am often in a specific area so D3s and equipment issue not a problem.

So now thinking of exchanging my D700 body for a D5100 and 18-200 lens. I also have a problem with my eyes and will use the monitor more and also have mobility problems so the angle monitor would be better. It is also these factor that are making me think about changing - I want to enjoy photography more for myself but at a level I can manage. Options for kit are as follows and would appreciate any advice/comments from people who have used such combos:

(1) 5100 + 18-200

(2) 5100 - 18-55 kit lens - 55-300 (lightweight zoom) - also have a 70-300 AFs lens

Don't mind the 2-lens option with 55-300 - it is not very big or heavy.

Thank you.

TK

http://www.manwithcamera.smugmug.com

Canon PowerShot S90 Nikon D3S Nikon D5100 Nikon D700
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow