Started Mar 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Low Budget Dave
Junior MemberPosts: 33
Like?
Need some advice on a new camera
Mar 11, 2012

I need some help choosing a new camera. I am currently shooting with a Nikon D70, but it no longer ideal for my shooting style. Here is what I need:

1. Fast and accurate (preferably eye-priority) autofocus. Most of my shooting is special needs kids, and I need to be able to focus on the eye quickly in a variety of lighting conditions.

2. Accurate continuous or subject-tracking AF. I currently use continuous because many of my subjects do not really pose, and some will pose for only a second or two.

3. Lots of bokeh. I am hardly ever able to frame a shot exactly the way I want, so I frequently have to shoot at F2.8 and faster to blur out poorly planned backgrounds.

The D70 is a great camera but the focus is not accurate enough for what I need, and the 6MP sensor does not give me enough detail to do much cropping. The 50mm F1.8 is my main lens, but the bokeh is not as smooth as the more expensive lenses. I would appreciate any advice I can get.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/low_budget_dave/6824945202/

Nikon D70
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow