Started Mar 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
aukirk
Junior MemberPosts: 47Gear list
Like?
Lack of Nex 7 RAW Support in Aperture 3
Mar 11, 2012

I thought that one good benefit of the long wait I had to go through to get my hands on the Nex 7 would be RAW support from day one... but I guess I was wrong.

Upon importing my first batch of photos into Aperture 3 I discovered that Apple still doesn't support the Nex 7 raw format. I am relatively new to using RAW and new to Aperture, so I guess my options are:

1) Go back to shooting JPEG

2) I saw a prior post that suggested the files could be run through DNG converter, but I can't seem to get that to work

3) Switch from Aperture 3 to Lightroom 4.

I picked Aperture because I decided to go all-in with Apple, but I am starting to reconsider that decision. I imagine that Lightroom is a lot more important to Adobe than Aperture is to Apple and everywhere I turn on-line blog posts and tutorials are discussing Lightroom tips and tricks (not Aperture).

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like there is a good trick for converting from Aperture to Lightroom...

Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions for me?

Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow