Another small reason why windows 7 sucks the big one. (RANT)

Started Mar 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
DUMB4SS
Regular MemberPosts: 470
Like?
Another small reason why windows 7 sucks the big one. (RANT)
Mar 10, 2012

Just recalibrated my system using Basiccolor and thought I would compare the change (if any) between the last profile and the newest one.

Basiccolor allows me to choose the profile(s).icm directly from within it's file menu, or at least it does on XP.

On W7 however, the explorer window that opens is different to the usual explorer window and it does not show the spool folder within system 32 so I cannot get to my .icm profile.

If I go through explorer I can see and get to c: windows/system32/spool/drivers/color .....icm

If I try it through the explorer window that pops up via Basiccolor, I cannot see beyond System32. From within this window, I cannot in any way navigate to the folders and sub folders and files I know are there.

It's not a Basiccolor issue as it is just an explorer window, albeit one with all usability removed.

Why do m$ insist on breaking things that just worked in previous OS'S?

Edit - The solution is to copy the path from the normal explorer window and paste it over the silly breadcrumbs.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
nadaNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow