K-01 video. What the hell were they thinking?!

Started Mar 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
pundit
Senior MemberPosts: 1,477
Like?
K-01 video. What the hell were they thinking?!
Mar 10, 2012

For those who think the K-01 is the answer to those wanting to shoot video because it has manual video control think again. As already discussed, with the HDMI output only available for playback (not monitoring during recording) and with no inbuilt articulated LCD screen I can see plenty of instances where you will literally be flying blind when trying to shoot video on the K-01.

Unless Pentax provide monitoring out of the HDMI port during recording then the K-01 is about as useful as a brick for a lot of video work. Or should I say a fashion accessory.

For those who think that Pentax (Ricoh) will surely enable HDMI monitoring with some future firmware update go ahead pay your money and take your chances. Remember the promise of tethering for the K5 and the hope of a manual video?

Sounds like Pentax is holding back more comprehensive video functionailty until the K3 or whatever is released.

I can see many cheesed off K-01 purchasers when they discover this issue.

Pentax K-01 Pentax K-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow