Started Mar 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Forum MemberPosts: 56Gear list
CV 15mm on 5N - adapter questions
Mar 10, 2012

hey guys,

i just grabbed the M39 version on ebay and i m super stoked it actually comes with M39--M adapter.

i assume that direct adaption is preferable instead of using that M adapter and coupling it with M--NEX which would possibly result in incorrect flange distnace, yes?

so my first instinct was to grab the cheapest adapter i can find (located in Germany):
'Quenox' for €25

.. but then some browsing raised some questions.

one website had concerns about misalignment of the lens due to poor adapter manufacturing accuracy. really? i find that hard to imagine. would hate to spend all that €€€ on Novoflex. to me they seem like Monster Cables

Someone talked about adapters that have screws so the lens could be rotated if needed. is that really a risk that should be covered?

apperently there is a Hawks Helicoid adapter that allows adjustment of flange distance from 0.7 - 1cm or so. apart from the fact that i cant find much online, what are the benefits really other than focusing closer than 30cm?

finally, anyone using that Quenox with that lens and would recommend it?

phynesse's gear list:phynesse's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony Alpha 7 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS +13 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow