ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
phynesse
Forum MemberPosts: 54Gear list
Like?
CV 15mm on 5N - adapter questions
Mar 10, 2012

hey guys,

i just grabbed the M39 version on ebay and i m super stoked it actually comes with M39--M adapter.

i assume that direct adaption is preferable instead of using that M adapter and coupling it with M--NEX which would possibly result in incorrect flange distnace, yes?

so my first instinct was to grab the cheapest adapter i can find (located in Germany):
'Quenox' for €25

http://www.amazon.de/gp/offer-listing/B003VN3LC2/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&qid=1331408460&sr=8-1-fkmr2&condition=new

.. but then some browsing raised some questions.

one website had concerns about misalignment of the lens due to poor adapter manufacturing accuracy. really? i find that hard to imagine. would hate to spend all that €€€ on Novoflex. to me they seem like Monster Cables

Someone talked about adapters that have screws so the lens could be rotated if needed. is that really a risk that should be covered?

apperently there is a Hawks Helicoid adapter that allows adjustment of flange distance from 0.7 - 1cm or so. apart from the fact that i cant find much online, what are the benefits really other than focusing closer than 30cm?

finally, anyone using that Quenox with that lens and would recommend it?

Thanks!

phynesse's gear list:phynesse's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony Alpha 7 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake +9 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow