Started Mar 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
SLOtographer
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,911Gear list
Like?
**** This Week Through Your m43 (3/10/12) ****
Mar 10, 2012

M43 Onion Tales from Mt. Olympus Once again I bring a tale for these times of exuberantly high expectations...

A man and his son were once visiting an island and had forgotten their flash guns and battery packs. They were photographers, you see, and they needed to shoot a very special wedding. A bride was to marry her beloved... in a coal mine, where they met (as coal miners often do). D. Aedalus was the father's name, and he called his son Ikkie.

"Ikkie -- I must fly back to the mainland. Your mother needs me. Here, take my FF camera and f1.4 lenses. You will need these. And stay away from ISO 12,800+ with your new EM5. Remember you're shooting a bride in a coal mine."

"Thank you father for your wisdom" replied his son. But little did his father know that Ikkie had another plan. Ikky wanted to show off to his friends his mighty new EM5, and I'll post 100% crops on DPR forums!! He'll be the man, he thought. "It probably isn't a Panasonic sensor" he thought to himself, so it can't be too noisy. Consequently on the day of the wedding, Ikky left his father's FF gear in the hotel room to shoot the wedding in the coal mine with his trusty and kit lens. After the ceremonies, he posted his ISO 25,600 shots on DPR, and then disaster struck. He apparently flew too close to the sun-hot CaNikony trolls with his noisy images, and realized that these images look "just like the ones from my G3." Oh my! Feeling as if his wings were melted off his arms, he fell into despair as he responded to the angry emails from family members of the bride of the coal mine.

Instructions:

# Respond to THIS FIRST message to create a subthread hosting your images. Recent images are suggested, but older images are fine.

1. Change the TITLE of your message. Include text and information about how the photos were taken, exposure specs, etc.

2. View and comment on photos from at least one other person.

Thank you for your participation!
--
SLOtographer

"If we limit our vision to the real world, we will forever be fighting on the minus side of things, working only too make our photographs equal to what we see out there, but no better." -- Galen Rowell

SLOtographer's gear list:SLOtographer's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Canon EOS 5D Mark III
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow