Started Mar 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Kim Yee
Regular MemberPosts: 182
Like?
Got my hands on the X-Pro1 + 18mm/35mm/60mm
Mar 10, 2012

Just got my hand on the X-Pro1 today and it was a rare sunny day here in Shanghai.
First impression:

1. I own a Leica M9 + 35mm/50mm/90mm and I was hoping this can be a replacement to the Leica as I don't use them that much partly because of the weight and also it's a bit expensive to bring them out to places like Malaysia or Indonesia on holiday. So I was hoping this will be a less conspicuous setup than the leica. Weight is quite good and the build quality is ok, doesn't feel as good as the X100 but it's the same as my Fujifilm 670 with the black paint and stuff. I am sure it will have alot of scratch once used for awhile.

2. I like the control so far (4 hours playing with it) but the focus/AF is a bit frustrating and it really really hurts when focusing close object as the focus square on the OVF is very inaccurate in projecting the focus info, and I also hope that the manual focus could be easier to use (maybe there's a way to adjust focus by just turning the focus ring when in AF mode that I don't know about)

3. The stupid aperture blade keeps moving around and the noise is extremely announcing, I felt like the lens going to burst soon! I wonder whether it has to adjust itself around so much. Is there a way to turn that stupid function off?

4. All lens can do macro, I think this is amazing and it is one up to any other rangefinder.

5. the control of the camera is quite traditional and I like the AEL/AFL button hold function like a proper old camera. Love it!

6. Lens IQ is quite good, but I haven't taken much photos with it yet. Will tell in the future I guess. But I do love the way they provide film colour setup such as Velvia Astia etc etc. I wonder whether they have Provia or not?

Oh well, attach is just one shot with the 35mm at f/1.4, I think I used Macro, can't remember.

-- hide signature --

Kim

Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X-Pro1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow