Nikon 300mm f/2.8 + NEX-7? Oh F*** YEAH!

Started Mar 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
El Matadurr
Senior MemberPosts: 4,984Gear list
Like?
Nikon 300mm f/2.8 + NEX-7? Oh F*** YEAH!
Mar 10, 2012

Finally got my baby in today and have been messing around with it with only manual lenses. I wanted to add to the stupidly big lenses attached to tiny NEX pictures, so here goes, nzmacro and John, here I come! Oh, and before you curious guys ask, it's a Fotodiox Pro adapter, purchased from Amazon. It's extremely well made, and there is absolutely no play. Very happy with it so far. +10 for the fact you can take the tripod collar off without a gaping hole in your adapter.

Took a moon shot via a tripod, but upon viewing it later I think I can get a better one tomorrow night via timer and some better lens/shutter settings. I can tell you this though, when on a tripod, the 11.7x manual focus assist of the NEX-7 is mind-blowingly effective when using lenses such as these for getting critical focus.

So, in closing, more pictures to come tomorrow, this camera is EXTREMELY promising, and given my shooting style, will make a very capable sports camera.

EDIT: Also, even though the weight of the body has been taken care of by using a NEX-7, the entire outfit is still 6 pounds. Not lightweight by any means.

El Matadurr's gear list:El Matadurr's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7 Carl Zeiss Touit 1.8/32
Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow