ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
AngshuArun
Regular MemberPosts: 146Gear list
Like?
Suggestions please - Best wide angle lens for D5100
Mar 10, 2012

Dear Professionals,

I really value your suggestions. So far, I bought 2 lenses based on your suggestions - 'm happy with them. Now I want your valuable suggestions to finalize a wide angle lens; it is to be noted that I'm not looking for a Fish-eye (obvious reason is the high price).

Whatever I have studied on this matter that suggests me to go with a third party lens; Nikon's 10-24 & 12-24 (both DX) lens are too costly.

After spending a bit of time I short listed the following lenses:
1. Sigma 10-20mm F3.5 EX DC HSM
2. Tamron SP AF 10-24mm F/3.5-4.5 Di II LD Aspherical (IF)
3. Tokina AT-X Pro 11-16mm f/2.8 DX
4. Tokina AT-X Pro 12-24mm f/4 DX II

My personal favorite is the 3rd one because of it's maximum aperture of 2.8 and this is constant throughout the focal range. On the other hand the Tamron is light-weight as compared to other three lenses and cheapest amongst them.

Now, which one will you choose for yourself and why? If you already have hands on experience on either of these lenses, then please share. This discussion is open for other lens options also, provided your fantabulous experience.

AngshuArun's gear list:AngshuArun's gear list
Nikon D5100 Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G +2 more
Nikon D5100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow