"Mirrorless" is the future???

Started Feb 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
Barry Fitzgerald
Forum ProPosts: 29,888
Like?
Re: Hmm, me thinks Canon has left it too late to make a significant impact.....
In reply to Morpho Hunter, Mar 9, 2012

Morpho Hunter wrote:

.......it's like when the Kodak board was shown the first prototype digital camera ....and laughed it out of the boardroom. Well, similarly Canon have ('til now) dismissed mirrorless cameras ...then along comes the Olympus EM-5 (with it's stunning improvement in high iso image quality compared to its predecessors) and the Sony Nex-7 with its fantastic resolution. The big question is, would anyone (including Canon dslr owners) really buy into a Canon mirrorless system given what is already available .....and also given that it's great rival's (Nikon's) attempt at breaching this market has been less than adequate. I'm not so sure.

Cheers

Simple reply is the same reason they mostly ignored 4/3 for DSLR's. It's a poor man's APS-C. And at OM-D prices you can bag a lot of DSLR for that outlay.

It's a DOF thing too x2 crop factor won't win awards for many where as APS-C is seen as a reasonable compromise by most v FF.

Sure micro 4/3 will tick along on the Pen models and compact ILC type bodies quite well. It's priced ok there too. When you start putting OM-D price tags on cameras you'll look around and see it's actually a very ordinary spec camera.

A fake locked AF and metering high FPS won't convince either, it's real FPS rate is very modest indeed. Frankly I can't see what the fuss is about. 9 out of 10 folks will walk into a shop and buy a Canon and Nikon DSLR that's better than the Olympus and costs less. That's all you need to know

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Yes!New
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow