Can we please stop saying 'The camera doesn't matter'?

Started Mar 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
ijustdontknow
Regular MemberPosts: 212Gear list
Like?
Re: Michelangelo, Sistine Chapel and 4" brush
In reply to eddyshoots, Mar 9, 2012

eddyshoots wrote:

eNo wrote:

eddyshoots wrote:

eNo wrote:

I'm sure he could have done it, couldn't he? I'm sure you'll say he could have. We'll never really know, but I think must of us would notice that, yes, the brush did matter.

Now re-read what you wrote about cameras, and turn it into a brush argument.

Look, again I see what you are trying to say...but you are coming at it from such a techno weenie point of view.

Well, you sure know how to end the conversation. Congratulations.

Jesus Christ! I know some people here have no sense of humor....but I thought you did. I'm sorry. (it's like walking on f'n eggshells around here)

-- hide signature --

eddyshoots

LOL, LOL, LOL!!!!!

Same argument. Michelangelo was an outstanding painter. He could have painted a masterpiece with a 4" brush. Just because he used a smaller brush to paint the sistine chapel doesn't mean he was a better artist with a smaller paint brush (insert high tech gizmo name here).

And, if I painted with the same brush Michelangelo used, it would not make me a better artist.

Therefore, I continue to contend that paintbrush does not matter. In the hands of a good artist, different paintbrushes can produce different results.

ijustdontknow's gear list:ijustdontknow's gear list
Nikon D90 Olympus PEN E-PM1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF DX Fisheye-Nikkor 10.5mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED VR +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
ENONew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow