Started Mar 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
22codfish
Regular MemberPosts: 226Gear list
Like?
Your thoughts on a 2X TeleConverter?
Mar 9, 2012

Recently there was a thread asking, what is your favorite lens? I noticed a couple of 1.4x’s were included in combo, but no Sigma 2x Tele Converter multipliers. Have you used a Sigma 2x? I would like to know your thoughts, particularly if 2X used with a Pentax 50-200WR, Pentax DA*300, or Sigma 150-500. There are no users’ or other reviews of the 2X Tele Converter showing on DPReview.

I like the idea having a Sigma 2x to use with various lens; so I ordered a new one, which is discounted $50 for Pentax mount; but not for Canon or Nikon... Maybe I'm wrong, but it just seems that it’s the natural thing to include in your kit. I’m a new Pentax dslr user. A couple of weeks ago I purchased a K5 with the water-resistant 50-200 for general use. There’s too much photo cropping of birds, etc. I would like to have another lens with greater reach, with brightness to out-perform my DSLR 18X Pan. FZ28. At the time, I was considering including a Sigma 150-500, but I was a little disappointed with the sharpness. Maybe my judgment was influenced by the outdoor environment that day. In fact, I thought the FZ28 was sharper. My gallery has some FZ28 photos included. I’m just an amateur. My photos are for my own enjoyment, but I don't mind sharing them.

As an alternative, I hope to try the 2X with a DA*300 mm. when one is available. Perhaps this lens, plus the 2X combo would be sharper than the Sigma 150-500? Or, maybe the Sigma 2X is designed to work better with the Sigma 150-500? Your informative input and suggestions would be appreciated.

22codfish's gear list:22codfish's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ28 Pentax Optio M10 Pentax K-5 Pentax smc DA* 55mm F1.4 SDM Pentax smc DA 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 AL +4 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ28 Pentax K-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow