ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Crabby Guy
Senior MemberPosts: 1,418
Like?
V1 for me?
Mar 9, 2012

This is a shaggy tale. Bear with me.

In about a week we move to northern New Mexico for retirement. There are many raptors in that state as well as Bosque del Apache, one of the great birding areas. (There are also numerous landscapes, ghost towns, etc., etc.)

I had originally planned to buy a used super-tele Nikkor lens and a TC or two for bird closeups and keep my D300 for a while. My wife jokes about getting me a golf cart to carry all this gear!

However, I am seeing some very nice photos in this forum taken with the V1 and shorter lenses (especially the Nikkor 300mm f/4), a V1, and the adaptor for F-mount lenses. I am wondering if I could even use my 70-300mm VR II up to 240mm or so, at least to start, although a tripod mount on the lens seems necessary using a V1 body.

Questions:

1. Is this really practical? How large can such photos on a V1 be enlarged? (My D300's go to 13X19 easily.)

2. Are you happy with the V1 for a small camera for travel?

Thanks

-- hide signature --

Adrian

Nikon 1 V1 Nikon D300
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow