New A850 and MINOLTA 85/1.4, some portraits. Still learning.

Started Mar 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
Tommy tek
Regular MemberPosts: 372
Like?
Love #3 & #5
In reply to ZeevK, Mar 9, 2012

Your daughter is a lovely woman! The roots of her hair being a different color is unfortunate. They did not show up in the B&W photo. I would love to see the color versions in B&W. In your first image there are two highlights in the eye that is in focus and one of them is right next to the eyelid. I find that very distracting. I am one of the viewers that would like to see both eyes in focus, that is one reason I like the last three photos better than the first two. There is something about the 4th photo that doesn't make it quite as attractive to me as photos #3 and #5. I think it is the fall off of the depth of field. The lower part of her face is getting soft and the hair that is lower than her face becomes a blurry mess, while the upper portion of her face and head are sharp.She looks comfortable and natural in these poses, that is a plus. Kudos to you for not over processing her beautiful skin. I love the freckles and laugh lines at her eyes. I see way too many portraits now days that are processed to the point, the models look like mannequins with really sharp eyes. I am not a professional, so keep that in mind when weighing opinions.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow