"Mirrorless" is the future???

Started Feb 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
Alex Sarbu
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,338Gear list
Like?
Re: That should be a statement, not a question, Bob.
In reply to BobYIL, Mar 9, 2012

BobYIL wrote:

Probably true... Great masses are switching from the DSLRs to the mirrorless, however there is no reverse trend is to be observed; those who switch to the mirrorless stay with the mirrorless.

Are they, really?
The DSLR market is, afaik, still growing.

With some manufacturers exactly the same trend: I do not think that Fujifilm, Panasonic, Olympus, Samsung, Leica and even Sigma will ever introduce a model with mirror again..

Let's see:

• Fujifilm wasn't a major DSLR player - they made some notable Nikon-based DSLRs, though.

• Panasonic had only 2 DSLRs, IIRC. Probably they targeted m4/3 from the beginning.

• Olympus, well... their 4/3 DSLRs took quite a beating from the APS-C competition so they gave up. Which is a pity, their lenses were top-notch.

• Samsung - they never made a DSLR; changing the Pentax label with a Samsung one doesn't count.

• Leica - it's the king of rangefinders, right? And that doesn't have anything to do with the new mirrorless wave. Currently their DSLR is the S2, I don't expect them to abandon it anytime soon - so nope, no MILC trend here.

• Sigma - I see the SD more like a hobby, supported by their lens sales. We could see another SD-1, regardless if the current model is a success or not. Uncertainty = no trend.

Alex S

Alex Sarbu's gear list:Alex Sarbu's gear list
Pentax K20D Pentax K-5 Pentax smc DA* 60-250mm F4.0 ED (IF) SDM Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited Pentax smc DA 70mm F2.4 AL Limited +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Yes!New
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow