"Mirrorless" is the future???

Started Feb 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Alex Sarbu
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,639Gear list
Re: That should be a statement, not a question, Bob.
In reply to BobYIL, Mar 9, 2012

BobYIL wrote:

Probably true... Great masses are switching from the DSLRs to the mirrorless, however there is no reverse trend is to be observed; those who switch to the mirrorless stay with the mirrorless.

Are they, really?
The DSLR market is, afaik, still growing.

With some manufacturers exactly the same trend: I do not think that Fujifilm, Panasonic, Olympus, Samsung, Leica and even Sigma will ever introduce a model with mirror again..

Let's see:

• Fujifilm wasn't a major DSLR player - they made some notable Nikon-based DSLRs, though.

• Panasonic had only 2 DSLRs, IIRC. Probably they targeted m4/3 from the beginning.

• Olympus, well... their 4/3 DSLRs took quite a beating from the APS-C competition so they gave up. Which is a pity, their lenses were top-notch.

• Samsung - they never made a DSLR; changing the Pentax label with a Samsung one doesn't count.

• Leica - it's the king of rangefinders, right? And that doesn't have anything to do with the new mirrorless wave. Currently their DSLR is the S2, I don't expect them to abandon it anytime soon - so nope, no MILC trend here.

• Sigma - I see the SD more like a hobby, supported by their lens sales. We could see another SD-1, regardless if the current model is a success or not. Uncertainty = no trend.

Alex S

Alex Sarbu's gear list:Alex Sarbu's gear list
Pentax smc DA* 60-250mm F4.0 ED (IF) SDM Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited Pentax smc DA 70mm F2.4 AL Limited Pentax smc DA 35mm F2.8 Macro Limited HD Pentax DA AF 1.4X AW Rear Converter +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow