Started Mar 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Louis_Dobson
Forum ProPosts: 26,390
Like?
D800 or D3x?
Mar 9, 2012

End of 2007 went from FT (E3) to D3 for more low ISO RAW DR. D3 was a terrible chore to hump up and down cliff paths, so when Panny's GH2 showed that MFT was capable of adequate DR I flogged the D3 and the Holy Trinity of matching zooms and replaced it all with MFT gear. Still have all the primes / flashes etc.

Looks like the OM-D that I was waiting for does not have the derivative of the GH2 sensor I was expecting but some dodgy thing based on the lousy GX1 sensor. So, it looks like running FF when I need high DR for a couple of years until Panny / Oly get their act together.

So, D800 or D3x? Which will be worth more in a couple of years? Is there any point in having more than 24MP using old primes?

On the lens front, not sure if I'll buy back my 14-24, or use the 14, 20 and 24 primes (which I still have).

D3x more of a pain to hump about, but a bit faster, bigger battery etc etc...

This is the sort of thing I do:

Nikon D3 Nikon D3X Nikon D800 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow