Quesabesde EM5 RAW/Oly Viewer check

Started Mar 6, 2012 | Discussions thread
Raist3d
Forum ProPosts: 32,881Gear list
Like?
Re: Practical assessment of *relative* DR
In reply to Great Bustard, Mar 9, 2012

I have to say I find a lot of amusement in people that think that website operators/reviewers with no technical background can best Dxo here, which ships a fully functional professional raw converter

But the best is when some of those very people quote other websites that put Olympus equipment ahead using, ahem Dxo's own software! Ain't that rich.

Great Bustard wrote:

boggis the cat wrote:

As usual, this is turning into a pointless back and forth where you point to claims by "experts" that DxO's methodology is sound (even though they can't seem to agree on what it is, or explain it) and I point to the extremely wide gulf between DxO's "magic numbers" (and that is what they are, if you can't account for them) and the usable DR photographers mean.

You have nothing new or useful to say, and are pursuing the same old tired "re-cycled argument for the sake of argument" approach. So I'll leave it at that.

DxOMark understands what DR is, and measures it. You do not understand what DR is, and don't understand the measurements.

And no one in 1022 cares one way or another unless DxOMark were to give their camera a higher score than other cameras:

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1041&message=40642975

m4/3 users : DXO is our friend!

Panasonic GH2 + Olympus 12mm f/2 beats Canon 7D + Canon 24mm f/1.4 L II USM

That's the truth unfortunately, though maybe not everyone in 1022 has that myopic attitude.... though maybe you are just rounding up from 95%++

-- hide signature --

Raist3d/Ricardo (Photographer, software dev.)- "You are taking life too seriously if it bugs you in some way that a guy quotes himself in the .sig quote" - Ricardo

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow