m4/3 lenses - what is best? where are the rest?

Started Mar 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
photahmo
Forum MemberPosts: 84Gear list
Like?
m4/3 lenses - what is best? where are the rest?
Mar 8, 2012

To All:

I auctioned off all my gear non-panasonic gear, which included selling off my Nikon DSLR and collection of lenses. I bought into the GH2 and M4/3, based on 1)my desire to concentrate on a single camera system (as opposed to the 3 brands I had going) 2)my absolute love of my panny cams, the LX series most of all and 3) my early-on fondness for an Olympus (E520) as well.

Seems like my forey into m4/3 study shows ALOT of sketchy press ... especially on lenses. I have aquired so far the panasonic 14-140, 100-300 and maybe in a poorly conceived frenzy the GX 14-42. I am a still shooter who wanted to return to video, and no doubt the video is just great; indoors, lacrosse of my son, at 300(600mm) is super.

So what about still shots? I admit I MELTED DOWN after searching for a low apature zoom (thinking I could replace my LX5's Leica 2.0/28mm) and have clung onto that camera. I love night shooting more than most other things.

Can the many adapters allow non m4/3 lenses to autofocus? What are the best lenses for this system in your experiences? I have alot to learn new on this system, and I am pretty sure it will work great with the right effort and time - "bunk" to all the average press about m4/3 ...

Please offer your comments, I am looking for positive productive discussion thank you!
--
photahmo
Pany TS3, LX5, GH2

photahmo's gear list:photahmo's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix Real 3D W3 Fujifilm X30 Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM +3 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS3 (Lumix DMC-FT3)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow