Flat view
Sean F1
Forum MemberPosts: 61
Like?
Buying used or Nikon Refurb ?
Mar 8, 2012

Looking for a Nikkor 70-200VR1 lens.

Nikon is selling the refurb for $1700.

One online retailer has it for $1499 (no hood or case) in "good" condition (no scratches on glass, shows signs of use)

Another has it for $1599 with the hood and case and excellent condition (minor signs of wear, glass clean).

All come with a 90-day warranty.

I was leaning towards the $1599 lens, but if it goes bad after 90-days, I'm kind of SOL. That being said, it's been used for a few years and it still works the likelyhood of something going wrong is small IMO.

Is it worth the extra $100 for the Nikon Refurb? I would HOPE that if something fails inside the lens, even after the 90-days, Nikon might be sympathetic and fix and defects. I have to admit, my concern about a problem comes from the fact that both my D50 and 18-200VR had to be repaired by Nikon under warranty, or 50% of my Nikon camera/lens purchases. Not such a great track record.

Nikon D50
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow