Who else wishes the 1D X and 5D III have iPad control/view?

Started Mar 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
Ben_Egbert
Forum ProPosts: 20,228Gear list
Like?
Re: Who else wishes the 1D X and 5D III have iPad control/view?
In reply to Dave Seeley, Mar 8, 2012

Dave Seeley wrote:

Ben_Egbert wrote:

I have been looking for one for my 1DS-mk3 but it does not have HDMI, only video out with a USB plug.

You can use your sd slot in the 1Ds-mk3 (or any cam with sd slot) to host an eyefi card, where you write jpeg only, and transmit to iPad using Shuttersnitch. It can give you a great pinch-zoomable preview in a few seconds-- Adhoc direct to iPad is not quite as fast as over a LAN. Unfortunately, CF adapters for SD muck up the use of eyefi in 5DmkII... I use the wft-E4 to transmit full screen zoomable previews to iPad2... and it's awesome... Hard to go without now.

So I assume you set the SD slot to JPG and use that as the live view connection via the adaptor and then write the RAWs to the CD card?

One other thing I would need is an ap to control the camera from the Ipad. I have never used one of these and in fact have only had a cell phone for the last year.

A work around might be just using it to see focus and doing the controls from the camera would be ok too.

I am getting better using love view focus. One thing that helped is not using filters.

pro photo-illustration
http://www.DaveSeeley.com/

current kit: 5DmkII, 17-35/2.8L, 24-105is/4.0L, 28-70/2.8L, 70-200is/2.8L, 1002.8L macro, 50/1.2L, 6x550ex Speedlites, Phottix Odin Flash Triggers, wft-E4II

-- hide signature --

What I need most is to improve the content of my images. But I like my content and have not been able to figure out what people would prefer.

http://ben-egbert.smugmug.com/

Ben

Ben_Egbert's gear list:Ben_Egbert's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM Canon TS-E 17mm f/4L Samyang 14mm F2.8 IF ED MC Aspherical +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
hahaNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow