Started Mar 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
fstein
Forum MemberPosts: 60
Like?
300+ Telephoto zoom for 2Ti
Mar 8, 2012

I do mostly "sneaked" head shots in developing countries, hence need discreet and fast working telezoom lens, but do do occasional wild animal shots as well as concert closeups.

Tried 70-300 Canon with and without 1.4 converter which gave me the right reach (200-400) but was slow and clunky.

Have the 2.8 70-200 L pro lens which is a great lens, but again does not quite have enough reach even with teleconverter. Also that taupe lens is big and heavy, very conspicuous, makes the wrong kind of statement and may get me killed in some of the places I travel.

Most recently using Canon EF-S 55-250, which despite it's being a "low-line" ,lens I love because of its compactness and focusing speed, but again, too short. Also, has odd-ball mount, my teleconverter does not fit (spent an hour at B&H tryng to find something moderately priced that worked without success).

SO.. suggestions for something in the 100-400 (?200-400?) range, moderately priced, inconspicuous, fast and light/compact?? The 100-400 Canon L doesn't meet any of these criteria.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow