Started Mar 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
u007
Senior MemberPosts: 1,678
Like?
Re: photoback
In reply to Bobby Handal, Mar 8, 2012

Bobby Handal wrote:

Photo or data tanks are not cheap.

I always use a netbook when I travel, they are cheap, one can internet since they have wifi, usually have SD card readers, I usually carry an additional external 1.5 tb hard disk . Now, they are coming out with netbooks that have USB 3.

"ASUS has rolled out the latest additions to its Eee PC netbook lineup, the 1018P and 1016P. The 1018P is the first netbook to feature integrated USB 3.0 ports. USB 3.0 has up to 10x faster transfer speeds than current-generation USB 2.0 ports."

So what I am thinking about doing is buying one of those cheap netbooks, buy a USB 3.0 card reader, a 2 tb small (USB powered) hard drive that is also USB3.0 and I should be fine even with the huge files from the D800. I can verify on screen if files have transfered, a comparatively large screen versus the data tanks. All this at a price similar to a decent data tank, plus the convenience of being able to answer emails, browse the web, and why not, even review my shoot and do small edits on a program like faststone.

Exactly. I have an EEEpc and a card reader. I use that to dump files.

Those photo backup devices seem stupid to me. Proportionately extremely expensive for what they offer.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow