Weddings and RAW Files for Clients

Started Mar 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
elavoie
Forum MemberPosts: 63Gear list
Like?
Re: Weddings and RAW Files for Clients
In reply to John Motts, Mar 7, 2012

Why hire a pro to photograph a wedding? As we all know, the person holding the camera is the most important component of capturing the image. Also, a good wedding photographer has to have good people skills, compositional skills, technical skills, intuition, etc. Not just anyone good with a camera can step in and get top wedding pictures.

Therefore, if you are truly a top wedding photographer, the RAW file alone will clearly be better than anyone else. I feel that photographers should view the wedding files differently than many other images. Wedding photographers are providing a service and product for their clients' personal use. Yes, they need to make enough money to stay in business, but their clients' aren't using the images for advertising or profit. They just want one of the most important days of their lives captured as best as their budget will allow.

Do I want to post-process ALL of my wedding photos? No way! But I do want to have the option to post-process certain photos if and when I choose to. I don't think this should be any more offensive than clients who take their wedding files to the cheapest drug store in town for prints. I don't understand why anyone would do that, but I don't think any less of them for it and wedding photographers seem to accept this. I understand that photographers want to keep as much control over their images as possible but professionals need to consider how to best serve their clients as well.

elavoie's gear list:elavoie's gear list
Olympus E-5 Olympus PEN E-PL3
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow