I just saw 5dmk3 and Nikon D800 samples on their official sites and I'm...

Started Mar 6, 2012 | Discussions thread
mohdya
Senior MemberPosts: 1,253Gear list
Like?
Re: I just saw 5dmk3 and Nikon D800 samples on their official sites and I'm...
In reply to Sixpm, Mar 7, 2012

I have to agree on the last statement but disagree to the rest.

If you take good photos with a 12 MP compact, so why even bother going with a better DSLR? Part of the answer is still the resolving power, dynamic range and speed which the DSLR has to offer.

In this case, the D800 seems to edge out the 5D MkIII in terms of resolution at less price and everybody must accept that this is a fact.

I've always been a Canon fan since the film days, but Nikon is getting stronger in its offerings. I mean buying a Nikon lens comes complete with the hood, but never a Canon lens. You buy an SB900 and you get a diffuser, but Canon flash is just that.

Canon needs to start giving better value for money to its customers, than to waste money on more advertising.

Isn't its time to work on the 24-70 F2.8 Mk II, making it lighter and ensuring it comes with a hood in the packaging?

Sixpm wrote:

We are now so far off the traditional film photography where 95% of the prints made in the old film day are usually below 16" x 12". A modern good 12MP camera can easily out resolve the 35mm film and print quality easily surpass film. To me photography is never about just pure resolving power, photography is about the atmosphere and the mood that we can capture, or to express our creativity, as some of the best photographs were never about sharpness, it is all about 'feel'.

I think most people are just chasing for technology and have forgotten how to make timeless romantic pictures. I see that any camera, lens, format are a tool, a brush to serve one mean, and that is to interpret an express from our minds eyes.

I use all format, all sizes as each has it's look about them, one is NOT BETTER THAN ANOTHER, they do have their characteristics and should not be compared it's merit in terms of sharpness and resolution.

Time to go back to the actual photography which matters.

-- hide signature --

Yus.

'Photography is the Art or Process of Producing Images,
The Art of Photography is Another Story.'

mohdya's gear list:mohdya's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS5 Canon EOS 70D Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Haw!New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow