Started Mar 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Corba
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Pentax K-r considering
Mar 7, 2012

I would like to purchase my first DSLR camera. At this point, my first choice is Pentax K-r. So, due to the price, performances, picture quality, camera quality workmanship, IS in the body, I believe it is the best choice in entry level category, at least here in Croatia. However, I've been reading plenty at the forum regarding the problem of front focus. My question is, how serious is this problem? Does it mean that the camera can not focus by tungsten light at all, or that only certain part that we wish to focus will not be in the focus? Does that happen when we snap something close-up, or every time when we snap in conditions of tungsten light, regardless of focal distance of the lens or distance of the object being photographed? How apparent is it on taken photo on smaller print; does the photo need to be enlarged 100% in order to be apparent? Is AF fine tune of any help in such situation? Should this be the reason not to purchase this camera? Also, I have contacted representative for Pentax in Croatia, and he said that they are not familiar with this issue, but if it appears, it can be solved. I don’t know, is it possible that they are not telling the truth?

I still think that Pentax is better choice then Canon 550D or Nikon D3100 or D5100, and this is why I'm asking for your advice. I don't know if competition has the same problems.

I can see that Pentax K-5 has AF fine tune possibility for 20 lenses. Does he have issue with the front focus?
Thanks in advance for your answers and advices.

Canon EOS 550D (EOS Rebel T2i / EOS Kiss X4) Nikon D3100 Nikon D5100 Pentax K-5 Pentax K-r
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow