Started Mar 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Michael Harvey
Contributing MemberPosts: 527Gear list
Like?
X-S1 vs. FZ-150 Comparo
Mar 7, 2012

I had both the cameras for a couple of weeks. Ultimately I ended up selling the Panasonic because of handling issues (just too small for my hands and I abhor the motorized zoom!).

The X-S1 solved ALL of those issues and gave me a vastly superior EVF and longer zoom to boot.
These aspects I still love.

After using the FUJI more extensively, however, I have been less than totally satisfied with it's IQ. Yes, it will (and does) deliver some nice 8X10's AS LONG AS YOU ARE NOT CROPPING.

On the other hand, the Fz-150 can generate beautiful 4X6's and 5X7's cropped from the 100% image.

(Both cameras suffer from mediocre low-light focus performance and neither handles high ISO all that well. So the real difference in objective performance is the quality of the images).

I just finished a 2-hour review of images from both cameras at IS0 200.

At 100% (full size), the FZ-150 consistently delivered images that were markedly superior to the FUJI.

Most of the Panny's 100% images would have looked just fine printed at full size.

NONE of the X-S1 images were 'usable' due to smearing, loss of detail and the obvious tell-tale of aggressive in-camera processing.

I'm going to keep playing with the FUJI for a while. I truly WANT to love this camera!

But for those who don't mind the small size (and whose hands have no problem with the small buttons) and who can live with a motorized zoom and lousy EVF...I gotta' tell you - in my opinion the FZ-150 wins the IQ comparo hands-down.
--
Mike Harvey

Michael Harvey's gear list:Michael Harvey's gear list
Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR
Fujifilm X-S1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
FZ50New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow