Started Mar 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Augustin Man
Senior MemberPosts: 4,033Gear list
Like?
Thank you very much, everybody!
Mar 7, 2012

I came to this forum asking for a piece of advice; because everybody here was nice to me, I persisted in reading its threads and I think this is the most dynamic forum. After reading lots of opinions, my important conclusion is to never bother with Fuji cameras, and NOT because they are not good, sometimes even excellent, but because they are far too complex for me. Let me be more precise: I'm not a photographer, just a zoom hobbyist, so more than often I just grab the camera, zoom in, focus and shoot.

I'm also not in any way a brand fan; until now I've had some Canon P&S, now I have an Olympus SP-810UZ; this ultra-zoom (36X) is a "toy" of 413g only, without MF or M, A or S modes ( ), so I set it to P mode, all the rest (ISO, WB, EV left to default). When I can, I always take several shots, and quite surprisingly, some are quite good. I'd like to keep your attention with only two examples: the first is a bird caught in a bush in our garden, shot through the kitchen window and zoomed in I don't know how much:

The other is an Airbus A380 flying over our town at 12000m with 900km/h, shot at 36X zoom and subsequently trimmed at 1200X1600, a total magnification of about 100X:

Thank you for watching!

Finally I'd like to remark that this camera didn't raise any interest, being reviewed the best as "recommended", mainly because it lacks many configuring options, not mentioning the CMOS backlit sensor (it has an 1/2.3 CCD one), the GPS, etc...

Happy shooting everybody,

Augustin

Augustin Man's gear list:Augustin Man's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Nikon Coolpix P600
Sony Alpha DSLR-A380
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow