Started Mar 6, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Biggs23
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,622Gear list
Like?
A Pro's Perspective and Decision: Please Read
Mar 6, 2012

It's unfortunate that I have to write this post. I don't enjoy it and I'm not writing it to create drama or incite anger. However, the time has come for me to leave the Sony platform. I've been an active member of this forum for several years and have owned many a fine piece of Sony equipment. I started with an a100, moved from there to an a700 before falling in love with FF and buying an a850. I purchased and resold both an a580 and an a55 along the way, found a used a900 that I purchased, and currently own an a77 as well. Currently I have the a850, a900, and a77, all of which are still serving me well.

This post also isn't to slight Sony, I believe they've done quite an admirable job in the relatively brief time they've been in the dSLR business. Lots of good cameras, some amazing Zeiss glass, and innovation that has been pretty lacking elsewhere. There are definitely parts of the Sony system that I will miss, including my prized CZ85.

Unfortunately, as a full time professional photographer I no longer trust that Sony can provide the equipment I need on a reliable time-frame, but most of all I'm starved for the level of professional service that the other big two provide for other professionals. If Sony had any sort of professional services I would likely not be writing this. If Sony had any sort of professional service AND had anything even somewhat close to a D4/1Dx, I definitely wouldn't be typing this post.

So, in summary, I'm leaving Sony. I will be selling the gear that I own and investing in a system that I believe will better serve my needs moving forward. I wish all the fine folks here great luck in the future and sincerely hope that Sony continues to build on the great foundation they've set up. I'm going to list my current gear below, feel free to private message me about it if interested. It will be going up in the for sale forum as well, so please DO NOT post in this thread about buying it. This is NOT a for sale thread.

Bodies:
a900, a850, a77

Lenses:
CZ16-35mm f/2.8
CZ24-70mm f/2.8
CZ85mm f/1.4
Sigma 50mm f/1.4 HSM
Sony 50mm f/2.8 macro
Sony 70-200mm f/2.8G

Other:
Kenko extension tube set

Biggs23's gear list:Biggs23's gear list
Nikon D4 Nikon Df Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +4 more
Nikon D4 Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 Sony Alpha DSLR-A850 Sony SLT-A55 Sony SLT-A58 Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
TrueNew
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
LolNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow