Aesop's fable and the D800

Started Mar 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
dmanthree
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,528Gear list
Like?
Re: Asap's rationalizations
In reply to Dominique Dierick, Mar 6, 2012

Dominique Dierick wrote:

16-35G VRII, 24-120VRII are two very comparable lenses. The third is missing.

My brother shoots Nikon and has the new 24-120. Honestly, it's OK at best and nowhere near the quality of the 24-105. My copy of the Canon lens is very good, and as you point out the curvature issues are easily solved in ACR by simply clicking the lens correction button.

Anyway, to each his own, but it isn't as simple as choosing a body. It's all about the system. And I'm betting when we get to see raw samples from each of these truly excellent cams the differences in resolution and noise will be minimal.

Never liked the Canon 24-105 myself. Sure, reasonably sharp, but not the best if straight lines are supposed to be in the image (can be solved with pp to some extend tho).

D.

mogthecat wrote:

I have to agree that it comes down to glass. I can't see anything in Nikon's line up that matches the 17-40, 24-105 and 70-200 F4s either for price or quality. I'm happy with my 5D2 as I was with my 5D, so any upgrade for me is likely to be to the 5D3, but not for some time yet.

-- hide signature --

My equipment: Nikon D3s, D700, D7000
The ladies equipment: Panasonic LX5 and GH2 for video

-- hide signature --

No Signature.

dmanthree's gear list:dmanthree's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS4 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX30V Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Lumix G Fisheye 8mm F3.5 +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow