Infared on Nex 7?

Started Feb 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
tbyork2010
Forum MemberPosts: 60
Like?
Re: Infared on Nex 5?
In reply to seachicken2000, Mar 6, 2012

The shutter speed will depend on the available light. In general, the converted sensor is fairly sensitive to infrared, and in normal lighting there should not be camera-shake. There is a reduction in the amount of light reaching the sensor which is infrared depending on the filter used e.g. when compared to Hoya R72 filter there was a drop of 1 stop of light compared to visible light on my Nex-5N, so your shutter speed will become slower but not usually to a level which will affect handheld photography unless it is quite low light.

Focus peaking definitely works in the converted Nex-5N.

There are instructions available for converting the Nex-3. I seem to recall Lifepixel have a section on this, with step-by-step instructions.

If you use the 18-55mm or 18-200mm E-mount lenses, which also has steadyshot, you will not have to worry about camera shake. And autofocusing in infrared (and even UV if you use the 16mm f2.8, 30mm f3.5 or 24mm f1.8 - I am actually waiting eagerly for the 50mm f1.8 to see if it can work with UV as the OSS will come in very handy).

BT

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow